Search Jobs
Search Internships
Publisher Profiles
Publishing Programs
Publishing Organizations
Major/Department guide
Commonly Used Terms
Publishing Events is sponsored by the Association of American Publishers, the leading trade association for the U.S. book and journal publishing industry.

Internship Detail

[Back to Internships]

Description: We're looking for several interns (everyone will have his or her own day in the office) to help us go through our submissions at The Sarah Jane Freymann Literary Agency.

95% percent of the job is reading, editing, helping us choose which projects are a good fit--and the other 5% is answering the phone and sending royalty statements to authors.

Please rest assured that this is not a place where you'd be asked to Xerox all day, pick up dry cleaning, or fetch coffee (according to Jessica, she's the only one who makes it strong enough, anyway).

We really just need smart readers able to create insightful edits, and want this to be educational for you, too. Many of our interns go on to long, successful careers in the industry.

Also, please note that we're really nice. No one ever yells here, and we've been known to have cookbook authors stop by to test recipes.

We're a creative, supportive environment, and looking for those with creative and positive outlooks to join us.
Length of Internship: One semester, though we are flexible about beginning and end dates.
Requirements: The ability to read a manuscript, tell us if it's a good fit--and why.

This internship can be done remotely if that's easier for you.
Location: Manhattan, NYC
Application Due Date: n/a
Payment: Travel stipend
How To Apply For This Internship: Please send cover letter (in the body of email) and resume (attached as a Word document) to Please put"Internship application" in the subject line.
© 2019 Association of American Publishers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
site map   |   terms of use